Looking for something fun and different to do with your friends for a special event?
Why not have a giggle with your friends at a crochet party - a great activity for your hen do, birthday party or baby shower, and suitable for absolute beginners. Get the gang together for an afternoon or evening of creative fun. You can all learn to crochet from the comfort of your own home (or your favourite place) whilst having a natter and a giggle together.
Suitable for groups of 3-6 people. The workshop can be arranged to last from 2-4 hours, to suit your requirements.
During a workshop I’ll talk you through the basics of crochet, from holding your hook and yarn, to making chains and stitches, and how to follow a simple pattern.
It's your party and you can make whatever you want... Project ideas suitable for beginners include:
- Granny squares - these make the perfect group project as all the squares can be attached together to make a blanket or cushion for the birthday girl/boy, bride, or mum-to-be, giving them a lovely memento of the day you spent together.*
- Flowers - crochet flowers are simple and quick to make and they can be used as a decoration or put together to make a beautiful garland.
- Bunting - another good group project as the individual flags can be attached together to make a lovely memento of the day.*
- Basket/pot - using t-shirt yarn and a chunky hook, these baskets and pots are quick and simple to make.
- For the hen parties - garters, crowns, nipple tassles (seriously?!)
*I can take the squares/bunting flags from the group effort away and put them together to make a special memento/gift (additional charge - please ask).